Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Misunderstood

Miss Understood,
I've forgotten your name
Would you tell me, girl,
Is life just the same?

Are you expecting me
to suddenly change
because you think
that I am strange?

Miss Understood
AKA Miss Perception
Why is it that only I
see the connection?

I try to approach you
as a man to a lady;
but, your reaction is
I'm repulsive and crazy.

I'm too poor to dazzle
My countenance does sink.
I'm not worth the hassle
That's what you may think.


It doesn't matter
one thing that I say
You'll find a reason
to ignore me each day.

Every woman I meet
I may think is sweet
But they say I am ugly
and they are not discreet.

Art does not matter
nor the words of a poem
They rather have gold
and a fancy home.

They judge me and condemn
tell me I have no worth
If it was up to all women
I'd be wiped from the earth.


I like to make women laugh
and smile you see
but they are always
talking bad about me.

So, if I was to die
what woman would care?
Because they  always seem to say
I'm the worse anywhere.


If this poem makes you smile
I understand not why
Because I want to go home
To lay down and die.

I won't lie
I'll keep it real
Wanting to die
Is the way I feel.

So maybe, just maybe
there's that joke of hope
but looking forward to death
is the only way I can cope.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for expressing yourself. Have a blessed day.