Sunday, August 9, 2020

That which developers mostly don't see

Developing is usually done on a single platform without respect to others. I'm going to cover both hardware and software on this one. First hardware: There are tablets, smartphones, desktops, and laptops. Next we have the CPU architectures. There are others besides ARM and AMD64. "What," you say, " do you mean that there are others?" It's true. That's the way the biscuit breaks down. There is also SPARC64, MIPS 32 and 64, POWER/ PPC64, m68k and a whole lot of others. Which means most developers and programmers are not familiar with many. I pray that they are better at cooking. This brings us to the next point... Dun dun dun dah dun Operating... Operating... Operating... Systems... Systems... Systems. That's right. Windows and Linux and MacOSX oh my! But there are others to try. Like Free and Open and Net and Dragonfly BSD. These are the ones I'd like to see. Sadly to state, It seems too late, these environments, they did not anticipate. Now I sit here shaking my head, As my face turns brightly red And I know that here thereafter, I end my post in goodly laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for expressing yourself. Have a blessed day.